Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Winner

As promised, here is the winning nametag. Don't you just love that fabric? The border is a decorative stitch from my sewing machine. This will still get a "white cloud" with the person's name printed on it. We also plan on adding Swarovski crystals to the large white stars to make them stand out even more.

Today I had an uh-duh moment. If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I am working on a quilt for my Goddaughter. I am ready to cut and attaching the binding. Then it hits me. I made her a pillowcase to match her quilt about two weeks ago. I was bored working on the quilt and wanted something else to do. I think you know where this is going. Bing, I realize I cut up the binding to make the cuff of the pillowcase! Okay, all is not lost because I still have a piece of the binding left and I am not happy with the way the pillowcase turned out. I am happy to "unsew" the pillowcase and retrieve the piece of fabric that I need. Can you say "haste makes waste". I think that applies here.

1 comment:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love your star fabric and it will look oooh so pretty and sparkly with the crystal on it! When is your show? I'll need to mark my calendar!