Monday, March 10, 2008

The Weekend's Over, Back To Work

Today was relatively productive. I got Ashley's quilt sandwiched and pinned. Don't get too excited. Tomorrow I am unpinning it. It's that old Patty Perfect personality again. After I was done pinning it and I turned it over to make sure there were no puckers, I noticed that the backings' seam line was very noticeable and crooked. Normally I choose backings that are very colorful and have a lot of design just so that I don't have to contend with this type of problem. This quilt however, is very pastel and the backing needed to complement the front, not overpower it. So, tomorrow I plan to unpin and repin. The pinning wasn't a total loss. I did learn something. On Saturday I stopped at our neighborhood Office Max and picked up some clamps. I used them to hold the backing and batting in place while I pinned. OMG, I LOVE THEM. I used to tape my backings down, but not anymore, that's for sure. These things are great! Tonight I worked on a couple of postcards for my Yahoo swap group. The theme is "eggs". Pictures tomorrow.

No comments: