Monday, March 24, 2008

Pencil Pushing

Am I the only one who loves puzzles? I swear, my morning is a total loss if I don't do most of the puzzles in the morning paper. Which ones do I do? I start with the Jumble...just because it is usually the easiest. Then I move on to the Cryptoquip. I really like that one because it requires a little thinking. Next comes the Crossword Puzzle. If you keep solving them they get easier because a lot of clues are constantly repeated. Then comes the Sudoku. If I have time and the inclination I also do the Word Game. Most days I can finish all the puzzles within 1/2 hour. That is until you get to Friday. Then the Sudoku becomes a 5 star puzzle. More empty spaces=more time. The Word Game also makes a big jump. Still, no matter how hard, I feel compelled to complete them. Exercise for the brain and who can't use a little of that?

4 comments:

That Christine said...

You do them ALL in 1/2 hour? Oh my, my brain is in deep doo doo.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Wow! I can't even get past the easy Sudoku...my brain must be at a negative level! I was happy and sad to mail off the quilts yet I know my family who receives the quilts will love them, too.

Anonymous said...

My daughter saves all of the sudoku for Grandma. I sneak them into the recycling every morning when she's distracted. Bad Mommy, right? Who can stand 127 sudokus floating around the house?

Anyway, have you tried www.setgame.com? Once you grasp how to play (and it's not all that hard), it will work your mind like mad!!! And I know you need another computer distraction! I used to be able to do it in about 10-15 seconds, now I can't even do it anymore. Rusty!!!

Anonymous said...

I love puzzles too...all kinds. Nice to find a kindred spirit.