Friday, March 21, 2008

Mentally Exhausted

Today was a day of all days. You know, one of those where everything you touch turns into a disaster. I was bound and determined to finish ditching the rows on my Goddaughter's quilt. I only had a few rows left to do on the vertical. The problem was, as I would get to the bottom I would notice pulling. And, believe me, I had this sucker pinned within an inch of its life. I finished the vertical rows and decided to unpin because I knew if I didn't, the horizontal ditching was going to be a nightmare. I clamped the quilt back onto the table, unpinned the whole thing and repinned again. Oh my achin fingers. But it was totally worth it, because from that point on it was a breeze. I am leaving the borders for tomorrow because I just couldn't look at that quilt anymore today. On to project number two. I am still making padfolios. You overcast the edges on these babies. I am using this lovely variegated thread that my Pfaff seems to hate. I switched to a duplicate bobbin case so that I could mess with the screw. The problem seemed to be with the bobbin, so I thought that would help. I would sew a little and the thread would break. I bet I took that bobbin in and out at least 15 times, and that is no exaggeration. Each time I would mess with the screw a little bit and put it back in. I tried the top tension too. No go. Of course, on the 16th time, the damn thing starts stitching the way it should!!! By that time I was so aggravated, I didn't even care anymore. I kept going and got it finished, but I am mentally exhausted. First thing tomorrow, whatever is left of that thread is going in the garbage.

No comments: