Friday, January 4, 2008

Out of Sight, Out of Mind?

Out of sight, out of mind? Not a chance. I am referring to my quilt projects. I have so much "stuff" that I am being suffocated by it. At least that is the way it feels. My sewing studio is so overloaded that when I look around I actually get overwhelmed. My solution? Today I moved a bunch of projects, ufo's, fabric and patterns into my youngest son's empty closet. Will I forget they are there and buy more? Not a chance. First of all, I am trying my darndest to stick to my moratorium on buying fabric. So far, so good. Secondly, I have a list of projects for the next 3 years and there is still MORE! I think I have finally realized that enough is enough.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a gal that I haven't seen in probably 5 years. We used to quilt together when a favorite shop of ours used to have "hangin out" nights. You would bring your quilt project and sew from 6pm to 11pm. It was fun and I got to meet so many great people. We would exchange stories, talk about our families and ooh and aah over all kinds of great projects. Unfortunately the shop closed and everyone seemed to go their separate way. I can't wait to see her and find out what she has been up to all these years. It will be like old times.

No comments: