Thursday, January 17, 2008

Games

Does anyone like games as much as our family? We get together with my niece and her 2 kids a lot and we always end up playing some type of game. For the last couple of years, On Christmas Eve, the kids love to play Twister. I am definitely NOT part of that game. But I will tell you, it is a roaring good time, watching the kids and young adults in our family bend themselves like pretzels in order to stay in the game. You can't help but laugh when they all collapse on top of each other! The other board games we like are Scattergories and Pictionary. A few weeks ago we played guesstures. You have to act out words, kind of like charades, except there is a short time limit. Well, you have never seen an imitation of a penguin like my older sisters. We still tease her about it. Tonight the game of choice was Outburst Remix. You get a hint of what the catagory is going to be. Then you can choose to either play or pass. You must play the next card. Your actual question is then revealed and there are 10 possible answers. You set the timer and start yelling out what you think some of the answers might be. It was a lot of fun. It makes you use your brain and most of the time, you end up learning a few things too. Because you are under pressure, things you know don't seem to come to you as quickly as they might otherwise. Okay, just for fun can you name 10 people from the series "Friends"? Or how about 10 different airlines? Good for you if you can, because we only got a few of each...and anyway, who the heck ever heard of Hooter Airlines?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a game person, too, try Balderdash, it is a blast and one of our favorites.
can't wait to see the quilt top!
lyn

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's taken me this long to find your blog! (I hope you don't mind I followed a link from a blog of these snow birds who roosted in my neighborhood for a month or so!)

And that leads me to this post. We like to play games with those snow boards. Cribbage, specifically, and we generally kick their behinds at it! It's gotten so bad that they've corrupted my 4 year old into playing dice just so they can win at something!