Monday, January 21, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry". Apparently, the same can be said for quilters. Today I planned on sandwiching my Goddaughter's quilt. I went down to the basement and brought up a fold-away cutting table. I got everything all set up and discovered that my backing was too small. Grrrr. You can tell I haven't been quilting in a long time because I should have known that 6" isn't nearly enough overhang for a quilt (that only gave me 3" on each side). I don't think there was even 3" on each side after washing and ironing the backing. Here we go again, Plan B. I finished up my log cabin blocks instead. They are now ready to be sewn into rows. At the rate I am going, the log cabin quilt will be ready for finishing at the same time as my Goddaughter's quilt.

No comments: