Saturday, January 19, 2008

I've Been Duped!

Twice, no less! Today I went to the Greendale Library basement to sandwich a quilt for my Goddaughter. Lo and behold, the library bought all new tables. They are very nice, but not very conducive to pinning a quilt. As a side note, it is all of minus 6 degrees outside. I am telling you this because I soon discovered that I had everything to sandwich this quilt except the quilt itself! DUH. Okay, so the sandwiching idea is not going to work. Let's see what I can come with for Plan B. I get in the freezing cold car, make the drive back home, and see what else I have to work on. Okay, lets do the Hawaiian Log Cabin Quilt blocks. I get back in the car and drive back to the library. I no sooner get started and everyone decides to break for lunch. Grrr. We have lunch and an hour later I am back at making blocks. Everything went unbelieveably well for the next couple of hours, so the day was not a total loss. I am sure by now you are wondering how I got duped twice. First was the tables, second was my log cabin blocks. You see, the book I was working from was Eleanor Burns' "Quilt In A Day Log Cabin". Well don't you believe it, because I have been working on them since I got home from the library and I only have half of them done. Of course I guess I should give Eleanor the benefit of the doubt, after all a day is 24 hours. But, as dedicated as most quilters are, I don't know of a one who would stay up 24 hours to start and finish a quilt!

No comments: