Monday, April 14, 2008

Remember The Cozy Coupe?

This is a wall hanging that I am working on. I am blanket stitching around the applique pieces. Doesn't this remind you of the Cozy Coupe by Little Tykes? Or, maybe even a "spud", which is what we used to call the Volkswagon beetles. In any case, isn't it just the cutest? I am about half done with the stitching. I still need embroider the details for the little boy's face. The pattern is an old one, aptly named "Beep Beep". Only one piece is missing. There is a license plate that still has to be appliqued on. I am going to be embroidering the recipient's name on it and fusing it on last.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That's very cute Karen!!! It reminds me of that Little Tykes car that kids pedal around in on the sidewalks!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like it...and you are right...just like the cozy coupe from yester year. Can't wait to 'see' the little boy's face :)