Thursday, April 10, 2008

Love That Glitzy Thread

Well, today was an extremely productive day. My girlfriend came over to work on her postcards for the CMN fundraiser. While she was doing that, I was working on my crazy patch Christmas stocking. The more I work on it, the better I like it. I used another one of those glitzy specialty threads on one of the seams. Unfortunately, the seam I chose was very short. There were 3 parts to this particular embroidery stitch. I used rayon floss in different colors on two of the stitches. The third stitch is where I used the glitzy thread. Well let me tell you, it looked so gorgeous that I am ripping it out! This stitch really needs to be showcased. I am looking for a longer seam so that I can show off it's true beauty. That's the great thing about embroidery. It is always a surprise depending on the thread, floss, color, texture and stitch that you choose.

Then tonight I went into the studio and finished up tracing and fusing the parts for an applique wall hanging. They are sitting on the teflon sheet ready to be fused to the background fabric asap. I will post a picture of it as soon as it is stabilized on the background.

1 comment:

Mulberry Tart said...

Longarms are great if they work properly and for large projects. I have been very frustrated with mine. Hopefully those days are over. Thanks for stopping by!