Saturday, April 12, 2008

IQF

Today my girlfriend Linda and I went to the IQF (International Quilt Festival). The festival is held in Rosemont, IL, just outside of Chicago. We got there around 11am this morning and got home around 10:10pm tonight. Oh my achin' feet. Our first order of business was to check out all the gorgeous quilts. These are truly the best of the best. There are so many different techniques and embellishments. The free motion quilting on most quilts was phenomenal. So many things to aspire to. I did buy a few things. My largest purchase was a light that you stick to the side of your sewing machine. It is very tiny and has a wonderful, true white light to it. I has a long goose neck that you can bend, so that the light can shine exactly where you want it. We stayed until the show closed at 7pm and still didn't make it through all the vendors. My feet are killing me, but oh what a fun day it was!

No comments: