Monday, April 7, 2008

Embroidery Stitches

I spent some time this afternoon trying to pick out a few embroidery stitches to finish up the seams on my Christmas stocking. The choices are mind-boggling. I have a book that I bought years ago. It has over 100 stitches to choose from. Then there is the choice of thread. Rayon floss, perle cotton, specialty thread or something else? You can also mix threads in a combined stitch. So many choices! I haven't even gotten to the beads yet...(giggle). Since it is a Christmas stocking, I started a row of pine trees in an olive green rayon floss. Rayon floss has a lovely sheen to it and catches the light beautifully. The only drawback to this project is the fact that you need to do a lot of marking in order to make sure your stitches are even, sometimes marking both horizontally and vertically. Tomorrow, back to the pine trees.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

Honestly girl, you amaze me. I received a packet in the mail. My scissors thank you and so do I. How clever you are! The cards you have been sending are pretty spectacular as well. Honestly Karen, your talents never cease to amaze me.