Saturday, April 5, 2008

Christmas Revisited

Today I worked on two projects. I started the morning by tracing pieces on fusible for an applique project. I got about half of the appliques cut out. They are now arranged on my teflon sheet awaiting the rest of the pieces. I then took a break and went to the quilt store to look for some fabric. I needed flannel for some burp cloths that I want to make for an upcoming baby shower. I also found a few other pieces of fabric to go with the above mentioned applique wall hanging. Later on in the afternoon, I revisited my crazy patch Christmas stocking that I started a couple of years ago. I had embroidered a beautiful snowflake with frosty white metallic thread over one of the seams. But upon further inspection, I didn't like where I had placed it. The fabrics I had embroidered over were very light and didn't show off the threads' sheen. I decided to rip it out and move it to a seam where there were two darker colors. Much better. I am anxious to get the thread work on this stocking done so that I can move onto the beading. I have high hopes that this piece might be worthy of entry into the State Fair.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

You are amazing my friend.