Friday, February 29, 2008

Love That Handwork

Today I started working on my reindeer table runner. It is an embroidered piece, by hand, not machine. Sometimes I forget just how relaxing handwork can be. Most of this embroidery will be done with the backstitch. Mindless work.

Since it is the last day of the month (everybody leap), I guess I should recap what I mostly didn't get done (hanging my head in shame).

1. finish Ashley's quilt...not so much
2. finish Hawaiian log cabin quilt top...not even close
3. finish my Valentine projects...now here is where I got sidetracked...not only did I finish them, but I added a few for good measure...can you say "easily distracted"?
4. applique Easter tea towels...no
5. make a bracelet...no
6. make handmade cards...YES
7. finish those padfolios...no
8. make Matthew some new bibs...finally something completed, but he still needs more

Granted, there were only 29 days this month, but honestly, this is sad. I really need to put my nose to the grindstone (needle). I won't be posting a list for March, except to say that there will be the card of the month and more bibs. Promise. Honest. I better start NOW.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got to make a March list! Your February list inspired me to do one and it was fabulous! Don't let one off month set you back - make March the month!