Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kitchen Comedy

Today I spent the majority of my day in the kitchen. I started out the morning by baking red velvet cupcakes. I decided to give them a dark chocolate ganache topping. Then for a little added Valentine glitz, I shook on some red, pink and white nonpariel sprinkles. Of course I had a bit of an accident with the sprinkles. As I was opening the bottle, the top flew off and out bounced the sprinkles...all over my kitchen floor. Well, since I didn't want the chocolate to seize up, I had to finish dipping. So there I am, trying to walk gingerly on the sprinkles while Morgan (our pug) is chasing around the kitchen trying to "catch" the nonpariels so that she can eat them!

We also had a potluck dinner tonight at Gilda's Club. I made something called Polish Delight. It contains pork, creamed soups, dry onion soup, drained sauerkraut, mushrooms and Kluski Noodles. I haven't made this dish in years. I just happened to come across it when I was looking through my recipes. It sure was a hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our family called that dish kluski noodles (or something like that). Every once in a while I have a craving for it and I get worried that perhaps I'm pregnant. And then the craving goes away and all is right with the world.