Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fundraiser

Tonight we attended a fundraiser for Gilda's Club. It was held at the Pfister Hotel. Twenty different restaurants were represented. Each restaurant station offered a different dish from soups to entrees to desserts. It was wonderful. It gave me a chance to try different foods that I would not normally order if I were in a restaurant. My favorite was ahi tuna with a slice of guacamole on a fried wonton strip. OMG! I only found one drawback to this entire event. There was no place to sit. Did you ever try to balance a drink and a plate of food while trying to eat? The guest speaker was a nutritionist from Cancer Treatment Centers of America. She was very informative. As a thank you-parting gift we received a copy of her cookbook. I was a wonderful evening out.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

I'll be looking forward to eating at "Chez Bonk".