Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Information Overload

Oh my gosh, what a day! This morning I got to attend my girlfriend's quilt guild. They had a speaker who works a lot with overlays, specifically tulles and organzas. Her quilts were gorgeous. It was amazing to watch her overlay contrasting fabrics with organzas and get such different results. However, as gorgeous as organzas can be, they are very tricky to work with. I don't think it would be something for a beginning quilter.

Then this evening I went to a lecture at a local thread shop. There was a representative from Bernina demonstrating techniques that can be done with sewing machine feet. Wow, she was amazing. You can tell she spends 8 hours a day sewing. It shows. She had pieces with everything from pintucking to beading, all done by machine. Of course, the whole point of these demonstrations is to introduce the public to their new products. I needed to get out of there quickly, as the ideas were beginning to form in my head, as well as the $$$$$ signs.

There you have it, two days and more ideas than one person ought to be able to conjure up! Focus Karen, FOCUS!

No comments: