Friday, February 22, 2008

Opportunity Is Knocking

Today I pulled fabrics to start appliques for some tea towels. The towels are Easter related and are going to have rabbits on them. Unfortunately, I think I am going to have to line the white fabric, otherwise you will see the plaid of the towel showing through. Of course since I haven't cut anything out yet, I just may change that rabbit to be ecru or beige (less work).

Tomorrow I am heading to the quilt shop. I plan on purchasing some fabric that is neither on my list of things to be completed, nor an upcoming project. The fact of the matter is, sometimes you buy fabric because you know in 6 months or a year when you go back, you will not have the same selection because the "craze" will have passed. Right now the local quilt shop has bolts, and I am talking LOTS (20-30) of black and whites. And, most of the B/W prints are complimentary. I joined a swap many years ago. It was a black/white swap. You made/got a B/W four patch unit. You also received a square of each of the black and white used in the unit. I probably have 10 of the 4 patch units. Someday I will assemble this quilt, and you know when I do, that same overabundance of B/W fabrics will not be there. I am planning ahead. Opportunity is knocking and I am answering!

No comments: