Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Man Bibs

No, they're not for eating lobster. My son Matthew wears them because he drools. I should preface that by saying that Matthew is profoundly disabled. He is 28, which makes him a man, but truth be known, he is about the size of a 7 year old child. He has worn bibs all of his life. They are part of his wardrobe. However, how many 7 year old kids do you know that wear bibs? Exactly. There are few, if any patterns for larger sized bibs. I received a pattern from a friend a few weeks ago. She made Matthew a bib from this pattern, but the neck turned out waaay too big. I decided to try and tweak the pattern myself. Tomorrow I hope to make his first bib from this pattern. Up to this point, I have always bought his bibs from a woman who lives in Minnesota. She sets up at a local craft fair and makes the cutest bibs and will embroider the person's name on it while you wait. They are made from fingertip towels and have a ribbed opening so that you can slip it over the person's head. Matthew has had a bunch of them for a long time, but now they all seem to be wearing out at the same time. Mom to the rescue...At least I hope so.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

Karen, If you measure Matthews head and send that to me I know how to make those bibs. Plus I will have a reason to get out my embroidery unit and "work." LOL