Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kismet?


Here is the picture of Ashley's quilt as promised.
On another note, I attended my first lupus support group meeting last night. A while ago I had been talking with my niece about my cancer support group. She inquired as to why I go to a cancer support group but not a lupus support group. Good question, since I continue to live with lupus every day. So, I decided maybe I should look into one. Call it kismet, fate, whatever, the following week I get a booklet in the mail detailing all sorts of support groups. In there, I find one for lupus. Last night was their monthly meeting and I was in attendance. I met a lot of nice people, but I seemed to hit it off with one woman in particular. She was from my area and we seemed to have a lot in common healthwise. Okay, fast forward to tonight. Jack and I are waiting for a table at a local restaurant, when out walks the woman from my support group! This time we discuss how we wished we would have exchanged information because we both got along so well at the meeting. Kismet again? Long story short, yeah right, we did exchange information. So, not only do I have a new support group, but now I have a new friend!

2 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Ashley's quilt turned out just beautiful! I'm sure she is going to love it! Fate must hace wanted you to meet a new friend...you are blessed :)

merrily row said...

Lovely quilt! and lovely news about your support group. My sister in law has lupus which is now inactive. The challenges are many and support will be important. Best of luck.