Saturday, May 10, 2008

Itty Bitty, Teeny Weenie



This afternoon I headed down to Racine. A quilt shop there was having a "meet the teacher" day and fabric sale. I checked out the classes, but honestly found nothing I was interested in. However, that didn't stop me from checking out the fabric sale. Twenty percent off books, fabric and patterns. Well, I DID need a few things. I picked out a contrasting fabric for the last of the purse sized tissue holders. I also bought some jet black fabric for the backs of Matthews bibs and the binding on the Hawaiian log cabin quilt. Purchase number three was something I plan on using for the backing of my dazzling dogs wall hanging. Then there was this pink/brown stripe fabric that I just had to have. It will be the borders of my star challenge piece. Lastly, I bought a small piece of yellow backing for two more bibs. Of course, all that shopping really put me behind in the studio. Nevertheless, I did get something accomplished. Matthew now has a guitar bib added to his ever growing collection. And that itty, bitty, teeny, weenie log cabin is going to become a pin to wear. The measurement of the body is 1-3/4 inches. Thank goodness there were no mistakes made because I would have had to trash it. I used a 1.0 stitch length! There was no way those stitches were coming out once they were in. Lastly, I cut out enough fabric for 15 more purse sized tissue holders. I started sewing them together and am about half done, but will have to finish up tomorrow. Since I don't usually blog until late in the evening, I want to wish all you Moms out there a Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: