Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Rippin' Is Done

Yes, I have finally finished ripping apart the log cabin blocks that I need to redo. Today wasn't much of a quilting day. My entire front yard was landscaped and I needed to stay on the main floor, which meant no studio time. Tonight my girlfriend and I went to a quilt shop that is closing. They were having a 30% off sale. I picked out my background fabric for Judy Laquidara's 1-hour a day quilt. I also bought backing fabric for my pink/brown challenge quilt. I spent $50 and got a ton of fabric. Plus, they gave me $5 more off because I had a punch card that was half full. I will be sorry to see this shop go. I could always count on them to have the cutest fabrics for babies and kids. Lately we are losing more and more quilt shops. Bummer.

1 comment:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Fabric Fusion? Looks like I won't make it to that shop before it close...bummer...