Friday, May 2, 2008

Hindsight Is 20/20

And mine is in FULL focus! I spent the day today ripping. I have 20 log cabin blocks that I made either last month or the month before...I forget. Anyway, I used Eleanor Burns' book. I decided I wanted to do the Fields and Furrows setting. I followed her instructions in the book, except for the fact that she used one set of lights/darks and I decided on two. Last night I started to put the blocks together, only to realize that I needed to reconfigure the sets. Instead of two sets, I needed 4 different sets to get the effect I wanted. Ripping is not a problem. I like to think of it as hand quilting in reverse. What really gets me is the fact that I have a design wall. As of late, it has become a bulletin board. I have a couple of blocks up there, a calendar, a name tag, some instructions and a whole slew of flyers for upcoming quilt shows. Had I used the design wall for what it was intended, this never would have happened. Like I said, hindsight is 20/20.

No comments: