Monday, December 31, 2007

Putting It In Print

Today I sat and made a list of my goals for January 2008. No New Year's resolutions, just a list. If I make all my goals, great. If not, there is nothing to feel guilty about. My motto is "doing something is better than doing nothing". Whatever I get done is a plus. I am still trying to stick to my self-imposed rule about not buying any new fabric unless I need it to finish a project. Okay, here is the list for January:

1. Finish Ashley's quilt
2. Start Hawaiian log cabin quilt
3. Finish padfolios for friends
4. Make a bracelet
5. Make a handmade card
6. Sew Matthew's lion pillow cover
7. Finish a Valentine Cupid for the front door

Also on the list, if I have time, make a purse.

As far as #2 goes, yes, I am allowing myself to start a new project. If I remember correctly, I do have all the fabric that I need to complete this project...at least I sure do hope so.

Also on this list, but not at all related to sewing, is cleaning out sections of our basement. That place is a thorn in my side. Just because no one sees it doesn't mean it can be trashed. I plan on working on it a section at a time (yes, we have a very large basement).

I don't expect to get very far with the Hawaiian log cabin quilt. I have planned for it to carryover into February.

The holidays are over...back to sewing...no excuses

1 comment:

Granny Lyn said...

hello, Karen,

We have so much in common, and I love your blog and your sense of humor. I'd love to roast the marshmallows with you, And i'm dying to find out what a Hawaiian Log Cabin looks like,
Thanks for the laughs,
lyn