Friday, November 30, 2007

New Project, Old Fabric

I am trying to think of ways to use up my fabric stash. And, I am always on the lookout for easy and quick projects, especially at this time of year. I have a beautiful oriental fabric that I apparently was saving for something. The "something" escapes me. So, I am now in the process of making padfolios for gifts using that fabric. You fuse the fabric to Peltex (both sides), make two pockets (one for a pad of paper, hence the name padfolio and one to hold a pen and maybe some notes). Then, to hold all of this together (three sections), you zigzag the components together. That's where I hit a snag. My Pfaff either doesn't like the thread, doesn't like the thickness or needs a good cleaning (and maybe a little talking to). I am having problems with the bobbin thread getting tangled and breaking. I have given up for tonight. Sometimes things look better in the light of day. If all else fails, I will try using my Bernina to see if it can do a better job. But, I am definitely NOT done with this yet!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok, so since it took me until NOW to realize you had a blog I decided that I need to start at the beginning and read it all so just feel free to laugh at my comments!