Saturday, November 24, 2007

Finally, Some Progress

Yesterday was an extremely productive day...so much so, that I got too tired to blog. I made 18 tissue holders to donate to Gilda's Club. I also worked on my Goddaughter's quilt. Today was just as productive, but more fun. My Goddaughter, Ashley, was here to visit. We worked on a craft that I have had sitting around here for a few years. It is a fishbowl candy holder. You get one of those cheap round fishbowls from Michaels. Then you apply "dots" with glass paint and a spouncer. Pour on the glitter...voila, snowflakes. Then you get a styrofoam ball to fit the top of the container (so that it doesn't fall in). You cover it with stretchy white fabric, pull it up to the top and tightly bind with a rubberband. You use 2 black snaps for the eyes, 5 smaller black snaps for the mouth and an orange chenille stem bent in half for the nose. Lastly, from fleece you sew a hat and cut a scarf. This turned out really cute...and best of all, I got to spend time with someone I love and send some more ufo's out the door! Tonight I worked on a pillowcase for my son, Matthew. It is one of those patterns where you overlap the back of the case so that the pillow can't fall out. It has dogs as the main fabric and pawprints as the coordinating fabric. Tomorrow I will sew the final seams and another ufo will be done.

No comments: