Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thank Goodness for Plan B

Today was a good, but trying day. I did finish Matthew's pillowcase. Then I started making paper pieced Christmas stockings...my way. Big mistake. My first color strata looked good before I sewed it together, but after, something about it just didn't look right. Onto strata number two...different colors. This time the strata color order looked great, but I looked at the clock and I knew there was NO WAY that I was going to finish any stockings in one evening. I needed something quick. This project is supposed to be ready for donation on Tuesday. Here is where Plan B comes into play. I decided to make mittens. The kind you hang on a tree or put gift cards into. I had 1/2 yard of a red print flannel and it was 8:30 p.m. I started cutting, sewing and trimming like crazy. I got 10 mittens out of that 1/2 yard piece...and used up some fleece that was left over from a table runner. Time done: 10:30...two hours, whew!

No comments: