Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let There be Light

A few weeks ago I had the lighting in my sewing studio changed. I went from florescent lights to halogen. Oh my, what a difference! I can see the eye of the needle on my sewing machine again. The only drawback to these halogen lights is the fact that they throw off some heat. Now, I am NOT complaining at this time because the weather has turned cool, however, I don't know how I am going to feel about this when the weather is 80 degrees and sunny. Stay tuned. The bigger question is, why can't the sewing machine manufacturers come up with a bulb that throws enough light onto the throat plate for sewers to see easier? They try to give us every other convenience, why not this important one? For now, I will stick with my halogens and possibly roast a few marshmallows if I get bored!

1 comment:

Jen said...

see, had you actually put this into action last year YOU would be the one raking in $50 a pop for that little stick on LED light!