Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving one and all. This certainly is a Thanksgiving that I am especially thankful for. Last year at this time, I was diagnosed as having two tumors, one on each of my ovaries. Eventually it led to a complete hysterectomy and stage 3 cancer. I underwent chemotherapy and am in remission. I am thankful that it wasn't worse. I am thankful that I could undergo treatment without too much interruption to my normal life. I am especially grateful to all the people who took care of me, prayed for me, made meals for my family, and did all the "little" things that we take for granted until we can no longer do them. I am thankful for all the cards, emails and letters encouraging me to stay strong. I am thankful that nobody gave up on me, but made me feel like I was important enough to fight the fight and WIN. For this and so much more, I am truly thankful.

No comments: