Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When You Run Short of Fabric

I bought this fabric at least 5 years ago, which means I doubt I could find it any more.  I did buy it with the intent of making curtains from it.  I remember when I bought it, I took what was left on the bolt, hoping I would have enough.  Fast (okay, slow) forward 5 years. Once I measured what I had, I knew there wasn't going to be enough for both gathered valances and gathered curtains, which was what I wanted.  I started hunting through pattern books hoping I would find an alternate pattern that used less fabric.  This valance is a Simplicity pattern and the name of it is Sewing Patterns For Dummies.  No comment.

3 comments:

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

How cute is that. What window(s) are you dressing?

Cindy said...

That's really pretty. I only have three windows and so far after all these years they still only have valances and really need new ones.

Linda said...

VERY nice! You have been busy!!! That's the only nice thing about being stranded inside these last few days....I've been getting a ton of sewing done. 6 trips blocks and counting :-)