Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Great Blizzard of 2011

The great blizzard of 2011 has hit.  It packed a one-two punch.  Our area saw at least 5 feet of snow.  The digging out has begun. 


As you can see, it is at least waist deep on my husband, and he is 5'10".  When he got down to the bottom of the driveway, the city plows had piled the snow so high that it reached his shoulders!  I just keep telling myself March 20th isn't that far off.  March 20th is the official start of spring and it can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Holy man. I cannot believe the snow!

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

I don't ever remember that much snow.

Cindy said...

Our snow here was unreal too. My door had a 4 foot drift against it and it took me forever to try and push it out enough for Maggie to squeeze through. She then did the Lambeau Leap through the drifts. Today is the first day I'm leaving the house so I hope by now the streets are cleaned.