Sunday, June 29, 2008

Adventures Without Fabric

Someone needs to glue my butt to a chair. Which in my case, would be like nailing jello to a wall. My Pfaff went into the shop for a cleaning two weeks ago. The shop called last week Tuesday to tell me it was ready. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to go and pick it up. Here's a synopsis of my adventures, none of them quilt related:

Tuesday: My lupus support group, where we worked with an art therapist to construct our own collages.
Wednesday: Gilda's Club. We celebrated Gilda Radner's birthday with a potluck celebration. We also said "goodbye" to our intern, Gina.
Thursday: Menopause, The Musical. I laughed till my sides hurt. If you haven't seen this, put it on your MUST DO list.
Friday: Shopping for the Mother of the Groom dress. Still no luck. I wanted to get two dresses, one for Mexico and one for the reception...at this rate I'll be lucky to find one.
Saturday: A wedding in Bolingbrook, IL for the daughter of a dear friend. This family needs to be wedding planners, trust me.
Sunday: Craft/art fair at the Monastery. I went to this last year and found some fabulous earrings. Hey, if I can't find a dress, at least I can have great earrings!

The plans for tomorrow are as follows. Ashley and I are going to one of those huge outlet malls to look for a dress. And, on the way home, we are picking up the Pfaff. Hopefully within the next few days I will have something interesting to blog about, or at least some great pictures!

1 comment:

Christy said...

My Mom put off finding her dress until very shortly before our wedding. And then she lucked out at found a very pretty dress. You will too! And besides, it's not really about the dress - Moms of the bride and groom glow so much you could wear a potato bag and you'd still be the second most beautiful chick in the room!