Monday, September 8, 2008

Ahead of the Curve?

I am always behind. My middle name should be procrastination. I know it and it's okay with me, because it's who I am and have been for years. Today I decided that maybe I should change my ways....okay, you can stop laughing now. The plan for today was to make a prototype of a name tag for my quilt guild's Christmas party. I decided I wanted to make the name tag in the shape of a Christmas ornament. I drew the shape onto a manila folder. This would be my template. I didn't have to worry about fabric at this point because Christmas fabric is abundant. I knew I wanted to use ribbon and trim...something to jazz the ornament up. This meant a trip to JoAnn Fabrics. You can imagine my surprise when I couldn't find Christmas ribbon or trim! What???? There was all kinds of Halloween embellishments, but nothing for Christmas. Oh puhleeze, I am raring to go here. One possible time that I might be ahead of the curve and I can't find the supplies I need. Oh well, the Christmas Party isn't until December 3. I am sure I will be blogging about the name tags long about December 1.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

I could dig through my cabinets... I know I have Christmas stuff....somewhere.