Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mass Production

Remember a few months back when I was massively producing those purse-sized tissue holders? Well, apparently I have hit on something else just as popular. I received a luggage tag at a retreat recently. Not too long after that, the light bulb went on. My son and his fiancee are having a destination wedding. Wouldn't this be a great favor to give the guests? So, I proceeded to make my take on the luggage tag. I made 50 of them. Fourty of them went to the wedding in Mexico. I had 10 remaining. I was showing my next door neighbor what I had made for the wedding. I asked her if she would like two, one for her and one for her husband, since they couldn't make the trip. She picked out two that she liked. After we got back from Mexico, my neighbor called and asked if I had any more luggage tags left. I had 8. She came over and asked for 4 more. I had 4 remaining. My niece stops over one day after work and I show her the luggage tags. She loves them. My remaining four are gone. Here's the ironic part. I made 50 luggage tags and there are NONE on our suitcases. So, I am back to making luggage tags, and this time, I am taking mine FIRST!

1 comment:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy to see you back! was thinking about e-mailing you and checking in!

The wedding quilt is gorgeous!

A very thoughtful gift from your friend! and, of course, you gave away all your luggage tags!

Can hardly wait to see the tags you make for yourself! :)