Friday, February 13, 2009

Postcard #17


The theme of this postcard is "shake your valentine". This was one of the toughest cards I have made to date. First of all, I had trouble with the vinyl moving around before I could get it secured onto the background. Then I had to get those teeny tiny beads and confetti to stay inside the vinyl while I zigzagged around the outside, all the while making sure none of the beads got caught under the needle. This is one of a second set of cards. My first set got dumped because I satin stitched around the design, not realizing that what I was doing was perforating the vinyl. A small tug and everything came apart. My favorite notion while doing these cards was a drinking straw. I cut one of the ends of the straw on an angle and loaded those beads onto it. I could then set it inside the vinyl pocket and drop the beads. Since everything was already encased when I was doing the zigzagging, I used the flat edge of the straw to push beads over to the side so that they wouldn't get under the needle. By using the straw, it kept me from leaving scratches on the vinyl top when moving the beads. Thank goodness this set is done and I can move onto something less challenging!

No comments: