Monday, January 26, 2009

Easily Amused.....


...that would be me. Months ago I found a tutorial on how to make circles with your sewing machine. You tape a thumbtack onto the bed of your machine. Depending on the size circle you want, you either place the thumbtack closer or further away from the needle. You pierce your fabric over the thumbtack and under the needle. Set your machine for zigzag and away you go! Full directions for this technique can be found at Fibre & Stitch, free projects, circle stitching.


Postcard #14 is for a swap entitled January Jamboree. The instructions were to use a new-to-you technique, hence the thumbtack circles.


Yes, it has been a while since I posted, however, I have been busy. The two projects that I have been working on are not yet finished, which is why there have been no photos and no blogging. Soon...very soon.

1 comment:

That Christine said...

That is such a cute idea Karen. It looks like like a fun project.