Monday, October 6, 2008

Chocolate and Cotton Candy

This is what has been keeping me busy lately. Quite a few years ago, a local quilt shop issued a challenge. The challenge was to make any quilted item using pink and brown fabrics. I made 8 blocks and called it a day, or in my case, years. This year, my local quilt guild is having their biennial quilt show. They always have a special section for set aside for challenge quilts. The theme is stars. What a golden opportunity to drag out this ufo and finish it. It still needs an inner border. I will be using the striped fabric. The outer border fabric will be a dark chocolate brown print.

2 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The star quilt is very pretty! I love pink and brown together!

Anonymous said...

Heh there. Alrighty then, let's see some pics from the quilt show.