Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Acronyms

While surfing the net looking for quilt blogs, I come across one that talked about quilting acronyms. Most of them were the usual ones we are familiar with. You know, hst=half square triangle, pigs=projects in grocery sacks, fq=fat quarter and bom=block of the month. But, I learned a new one that is soooo appropriate for me. SABLE=Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy. Oh brother, that is so true. And, from talking with my friends, I have plenty of company in this arena.

My guild is having a potluck supper in May. Along with the festivities, the program director is asking members to each make a small project. You are then supposed to put the project into a brown paper sack so that no one can see it. During the evening, the object in the paper sack will be revealed and members will try to guess who made it. Now the question remains, what will I make?

No comments: